About Me


Blaise Keasler is a junior and a part of the E-Communications program at Olathe Northwest High School. She enjoys many aspects of design, and plans to major in graphic design in college. She is extroverted, outgoing, and loves to interact with people, as she demonstrates by being actively involved in theatre.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Feature Story #2

For my second feature story, I decided to focus on my friend, Rachel, and her talent for painting and photography. I felt that this was a visually interesting topic, so I wouldn't have hard time creating the video. I still have trouble writing a narrative lead, and it always ends up as more of a news intro, but I'm working on it. After all, the first step to fixing a problem is being aware of it.

The interviews were difficult as well. Rachel's has good content, but there was a class who came into our interview space while I was filming, so you can hear them in the background. Addie's was quieter, but I would shoot at a different angle next time. However, since we're all friends, Addie's opinions of Rachel's work were appreciative and positive.

Overall, shooting and editing was very similar to the first feature story I did. The feedback I received was constructive, like that I should raise some of the volumes. Next time, I won't film in a loud area.

No comments:

Post a Comment