![]() |
| The finished infographic |
I downloaded her album cover for Badlands and used it to pull colors from to keep it consistent. I also went to her YouTube channel and noted the number of views for each of the three singles released. Finally, to add to those numbers, I took screenshots from the music videos.
When I drew out my wireframe, I had put a lot more information on it, but I didn't keep most of it; I wanted to keep my infographic clean.
The main thing when creating it in Illustrator was downloading the font that Halsey uses for her products and vectoring the mountains that she included on her album. To give the statistics at the top some dimension, I changed the relative size of all of them. The YouTube views were easy to deal with - I just out them into a bar graph. However, I had to move the bar graph around quite a bit to make it fit in visually. Then, I took colors from the screenshots and created a small color palette underneath them.
When we received feedback in class, I got generally positive things. I enjoy getting feedback so I can correct things I wouldn't have seen otherwise, but when you only get compliments, it's difficult to revise. My teacher pointed out that there was a parallel between the increasing size of the numbers and the rising mountain above them, which I hadn't originally noticed.
Regardless, it was the first time our class had really given feedback, and it was a good experience. Overall, I feel like my skills have developed a lot while doing this project, and it was fun to be able to use my creativity.

No comments:
Post a Comment